- mvn clean. This command cleans the maven project by deleting the target directory.
- mvn compiler:compile. This command compiles the java source classes of the maven project.
- mvn compiler:testCompile.
- mvn package.
- mvn install.
- mvn deploy.
- mvn validate.
- mvn dependency:tree.
What is Maven deploy command?
mvn deploy. This command invokes the deploy phase: deploy : copies the final package to the remote repository for sharing with other developers and projects.
What is Maven in Java?
Maven is a build automation tool used primarily for Java projects. Maven can also be used to build and manage projects written in C
How do I run a Maven project?
Packaging and Running the Application
- Navigate to the directory where you installed Maven, and open the settings.
- Clean and package the files, plug-ins, and libraries before running the application:
- Use the Maven Local repository to run your Java SE Maven application:
- Review the output.
Any maven build phases that come before the specified phase is also executed. For example, if we run mvn package then it will execute validate, compile, test, and package phases of the project.
What are different scopes in Maven?
Maven defines 6 scopes: compile, runtime, provided, system, test, and import.