How to install an MSU update in Windows 10
- Open a command prompt that is elevated.
- Type the following command: wusa.exe ".c:updateswindows10.0-kb3172985-x64_006b20fc4c418499afa25248edacff2ef7dab963.msu". Correct the path to the update to match your file location.
How do I install a CAB file?
cab file with Command Prompt, use these steps:
- Launch Windows 10 Start.
- Enter Command Prompt into the search box, then right-click the first result and choose Run as administrator.
- Type the following command to install the CAB file and press Enter: dism /Online /Add-Package /PackagePath:".PATHTOCAB".
How do I expand my MSU file?
Using the expand command, which can be found in PS C:patch&.gt. Expand /? EXPAND Source, you can extract the content of the MSU file.
How do I run Windows Update from command line?
Run Windows Update from Command Prompt (Command-line)
- Press the Windows key + R to open Run dialog.
- Type cmd and then press Ctrl + Shift + Enter to open the command prompt in administrative mode.
- Use the wuauclt /detectnow command to search for fresh updates.
- The following command should be run to install fresh updates.
How can I fix Installer encountered an error 0x800f0905 in Windows 11?
- Run the Windows Update troubleshooter. Press Windows + I to launch the Settings app.
- components for Windows updates, reset.
- Give Windows enough time to carry out the update automatically.
- Perform a SFC scan.
- To restore the system.
- Install the updates by hand.
How do I stop WUSA EXE from running?
Fix: Only one instance of wusa.exe is allowed to run
- Disable your third-party antivirus as a first step.
- Solution 2: Look for another instance of wusa.exe in Task Manager.
- Solution 3: Verify the Windows Installer Services status.
- Install the update manually as a fourth option.
How do I manually install Windows Update CAB file?
Install CAB file for driver update
- Activate File Explorer.
- Go to the folder containing the achieve file.
- To open the CAB file, double-click it.
- Select all the contents (Ctrl + A).
- Select Extract from the menu when you right-click the selection.
- To extract the files, choose the folders location.
- Select Extract from the menu.
- Launch Start.
How do I install MSU files on Windows 11?
Install Windows updates from MSU files using Command Prompt
- First, save the MSU file to any location on your computer by downloading it from the Microsoft Update Catalog.
- Open Command Prompt with administrative rights at this point.
- To run the MSU package that you have already downloaded, type the following command: