One of the most popular and simple tools to perform API Testing is the Apache JMeter.
Click to see full answer
Can JMeter be used for performance testing?The Apache JMeter is an open-source, purely Java-based software. The software is used to perform performance testing, functional testing, and load testing of web applications.
Can we run SOAP request in JMeter?
JMeter sends requests in the order that they appear in the tree. Start by using menu File → Templates… and select template "Building a SOAP Webservice Test Plan". Then, click "Create" button.
What is SOAP in JMeter?
SOAP is a messaging protocol specification for exchanging structured information in the implementation of web services. Its purpose is to induce extensibility, neutrality, and independence. It uses XML Information Set for its message format and relies on application layer protocols.
How use JMeter load testing API?
Steps to Install JMeter
- Open CMD and run command # Java – Version. Step 2 Download Jmeter.
- Step 3 Installation.
- Step 4 Launch Jmeter.
- Start JMeter from command line mode.
- Element of Jmeter.
- Thread Group –Parallel a pool of virtual users.
- After that create Http Request under Thread Group.
- Call API with Jmeter.
JMeter is really well suited for Rest API Testing, especially those based on the Json Format.
Disadvantages of JMeter
- Automation is difficult with JMeter.
- JMeter output reports are difficult to understand without training.
- Complex applications that use dynamic content or use JS to alter requests can be difficult to test using JMeter.
If you enter a loop count value of 1, then JMeter will run your test only one. For Example we call login API for load testing and all parameter take from CSV file. Set protocol according your server https or http. In “Path” enter path of API.
jMeter is an Open Source testing software. It is 100% pure Java application for load and performance testing. jMeter is designed to cover various categories of tests such as load testing, functional testing, performance testing, regression testing, etc., and it requires JDK 5 or higher.
7 Performance Testing Tools
- LoadRunner: Tool Overview: It is the most widely used tool to test applications, measure system behavior and their performance under varying loads.
- Apache JMeter:
- LoadUI Pro:
Making SOAP requests
- Give the SOAP endpoint as the URL. If you are using a WSDL, then give the path to the WSDL as the URL.
- Set the request method to POST.
- Open the raw editor, and set the body type as “text/xml”.
- In the request body, the SOAP Envelope, Header and Body tags as required.
Using JMeter, we can do both functional testing as well as load testing of a SOAP web services.